AirAgri – Background
AirAgri was formed following the closure of MFH Helicopters in 2014, a company that specialised in Aerial Bracken Control. MFH Helicopters at the time was by far the most successful Aerial Bracken Control Company in the UK having up to 70% of the market share. Nicholas Hawkings-Byass, MD of MFH Helicopters managed to achieve such by giving the client what they require; the best customer care from first contact, all the way through to resolving queries well after the spraying season had come to an end, combining that with pilots and crew who have the same ethos, and a unique spray system specifically designed for the aerial control of bracken.
AirAgri owner Andrew McGillivray started his career in the bracken control industry with MFH Helicopters, initially in charge of sales and customer care, but as the years progressed taking on more of the managerial side of the company.
Since the closure of MFH Helicopters Andrew McGillivray realised the importance of continuing what was started by Nicholas all those years ago. AirAgri has continued serving historical MFH clients by offering the same high level of service expected. This was initially greatly assisted by Kenny MacGillivray of Helihighland. Kenny was formerly MFH’s largest competitor in the market place, but he joined forces with Andrew McGillivray for 2 seasons, bringing to the table 25 years of experience in aerial bracken control, after which Kenny decided to spend more time back on his own farm.
In spring 2016 AirAgri teamed up with Skyhook Helicopters in a Joint Venture for Aerial Bracken Control. This positive move allows AirAgri to continue to best serve present and future clients.
What Does AirAgri Offer?
- A dedicated contact who will be available anytime day or evening to answer any queries you may have.
- Currently the only aerial work AirAgri undertakes is bracken control, but other land management projects may be considered.
- Peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with the market leaders.
- Assistance with mapping as well as advice on any longer term bracken control programmes.
- Helispecs 1000 spray system, designed specifically for bracken control, is virtually drift free, meaning more effective bracken control and far fewer possibilities of water course contamination.
- A GPS overlay of areas sprayed can be provided upon request.
- Full transparency: with Asulox being the main cost associated with Aerial Bracken Control, AirAgri welcomes client monitoring of the mixing process, ensuring that the full 11 litres of Asulox per hectare is applied.
- All prices quoted are fully inclusive with no hidden extra costs.
AirAgri realises how important it is to get your bracken sprayed; that is why AirAgri only takes on as much work as capacity allows. This is generally on a first come, first serve basis, so please do not leave getting in touch until the last minute!
For each job AirAgri carries out there is a requirement by CRD ( Chemicals Regulation Directorate ) to obtain an Aerial Application Permit. This permit application process can take a month or more. Application submissions can start in May, so AirAgri requires the details of your bracken control requirements as soon as possible, to meet the submission deadlines, and to ensure your bracken spraying can be carried out in July/August 2016.